Halo 4 Campain Editor

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hey guys, great app. I've used it in the past to fix a couple issues where a checkpoint would save on a Legendary run just as I were to die.

Anyways, issue I'm having is that it says that Halo 4 is now supported, yet I get this error whenever I go to open my Halo 4 save:

http://i.imgur.com/Alllc.png

Is this supposed to happen, or is it just me?

Developer
Nov 11, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Well, for one thing, we forgot to edit that dialog box to also say that Halo 4 is supported. The real issue though is that you accidentally copied the wrong save file to your flash drive. In your Xbox's memory menu, look for a save file that's around 11-12 MB and named after your gamertag. The one that's named "Halo 4 Data" isn't actually a save file. A lot of people are making this mistake (it isn't just you, trust me) and we're going to release an update soon that clarifies this.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Ah, makes sense, though it's strange because the only files on my Xbox for Halo 4 are my Game Data, my friend's Game Data, the installed disk, and the Multiplayer content packages. Not sure why I don't have a file named after my Gamertag as I'm currently in the middle of a Legendary solo run. Is there something specific you need to do to have this file save to your device?

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM

i am running into a similar problem liberty does not recognize my halo 4 save dont know what to do

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Instead of leaving the game to move your saves everytime, plug in an USB, select it as the save device when prompted and play campaign using the usb to save. 

Then you just save and quit, plug out the usb from your xbox and then plug it into the computer. When you're done, plug it back in the xbox, select it as your save device and resume campaign.