Is this able to be played coop + other q's!??

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Hello, I've only recently come across this neat program and it seems totally awesome. It seems like it would be a great way to play the campaign and it also has a lot of potential for various machinima purposes.

I'd like to know if its possible to do this in Campaign Coop play, as in you all start the game together, and you all use Liberty to edit the save with 4 consoles over System link, xlink kai or Live (as I assume you can't do this for 4 player coop on a single console, would be great if I'm wrong)
and I'd also like to know that if you can play cooperatively over Live, is it100% safe to do so, assuming you don't upload to fileshare etc. 

Secondly, if you can play with a campaign save cooperatively, can each player biped swap? So you'd have, say 4 Marine models playing instead of 4 Noble 6 models.

Sorry in advance if this question has already been answered or if its obvious that you can't; while I'm tech savvy, I've never ventured into game modding.

Developer
Jun 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Anniversary, Halo 3, and Reach don't save co-op campaign games. While they do store information to your profile about which missions you have completed, they don't create full-blown save files, so there would be nothing for you to mod. ODST has co-op checkpoints, but we haven't looked into how those work, so Liberty doesn't support them yet. If it does, it will only read the first player.

Also, Liberty is safe to use when you're connected to Live as long as you don't upload any screenshots or films of a modded save.

Jun 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I don't suppose you could load the save up having played solo, then turn on another controller and sign in as a guest to play/continue? splitscreen?