Halo 3 ODST - Invisible Glitch

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Messing around with Halo 3 ODST, I saved on the first checkpoint on the Uplift Reserve level while I was dead. I then went to edit it in Liberty and gave myself invincinbility. 

When I plugged it back in the xbox and resumed the game Dutch was grunting and screaming like he does when he's close to dieing, and when I walked on, I noticed none of the AI were looking at me, so I hijacked a ghost, and then a chopper and I went on my way. Later I noticed that the aim was a little off, which can be a bit annoying, but if you get a chopper you can just run them all over.

This glitch does not make you actually invisible, but all the AI ignore your presence, so it might as well.

I don't know if I could reproduce the glitch, but it sure does seem useful if you just want to speedrun the levels.

Developer
Oct 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Yeah, ODST invincibility is a bit buggy for whatever reason...we don't know why. You actually got lucky; more often than not things can get more screwed up than that. The glitches usually only occur on certain missions such as Uplift Reserve and Data Hive.